« Home | GEupdate » | Pegged » | Black » | Categorized » | Coloured » | First » | Blue » | Excel » | Blink » 

July 02, 2006 

Predicament

Finally, I get over with the semester. Phew!

But as one problem gets solved, another one comes up. Karachi's electric power supply is a mess. We are lucky to have electricty for the greater part of the day, but the way in which it comes and goes is so irritating, one can't get anything done at all. Add to that the frustration of getting 120 volts instead of 220, that not only disrupts every electrical equipment, but damages them in the process. Been going on for more than a month now and there's no stoppage in sight.

I almost lost a brand new hard drive to that dwindling electric supply and there's no guarantee I wouldn't lose anything else in the future. But such is life in Karachi these days.

Anyway, the project definitely needs a separate website and a lot more attention. Yet finances just keep getting in the way. I'll have to see what I can do. desimaniac: I shall let you know if I need that hosting. Thanks!

I need to fix the map's georeferencing now. Should be done as soon as there's a stable power supply. It lasted long enough for me to be able to make this post and I should consider myself lucky.